Department of Economics
University of Saskatchewan9 Campus DriveSaskatoon SaskatchewanS7N 5A5kelly.foley at usask.caTwitter: @foley_kelly
I work and live on Treaty Six Territory and the traditional homeland of the Métis.
In 2019-2020, I am on Sabbatical at the Vancouver School of Economics (UBC).
My University of Saskatchewan Curriculum Vitae (abridged) : CV Updated April 2020
Pandemic Policy Briefs:
In response to the economic crisis generated by the Coronavirus pandemic, Christine Neill (WLU) and I have written two policy briefs discussing how the pandemic will affect on-going Post-Secondary students, and recent graduates, including a number of policy recommendations. Updated April 17, 2020.
- Post-Secondary Financial Aid the Pandemic
- The Pandemic and Recent Post-Secondary Graduates (forthcoming April 21, 2019)
Works in Progress:
- High School Math and Post-Secondary Schooling in Canada: What can we learn from inter-provincial comparisons?
- Admissions Constraints and the Decision to Delay University, Joint with Fane Groes. Forthcoming in Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
- Supplemental Appendices for "Admissions Constraints and Decision to Delay University"
- Programs and information about Accessing Data--zip file
- The Gender Gap in University Enrollment: Do parents play a role beyond investing in skills? Published in Canadian Journal of Economics, 2019, 52(2): 441-489.
- Why More Education Will Not Solve Rising Inequality (and May Make It Worse) Joint with David Green
- Working paper version: Ability, Parental Valuations of Education and the High School Drop out Decision Joint with Giovanni Gallipoli and David Green Published in Journal of Human Resources, 2014, 49(4): 906-944.
- On-line appendix, for "Can Neighbourhoods Change the Decisions of Youth on the Margins of University Participation". Canadian Journal of Economics, 2012, 45(1):167-188